Monday, August 18, 2014

Open When Letters

Okay so here it is guys. :) I have finally finished making the letters that I am sending Brayden in advance. I hope that if you see this, that you will see my ideas and use them, or make them your own. I know that open when letter have been done many times and way before I did mine, so feel free to use some of my ideas or find others. I will put a link at the end of this post so that you can access some of the websites I got ideas from, and you can go from there. So here we go. (:

 This is open now, and includes 1 letter, 2 quotes, A captain America pez (because he is my captain America), one picture, and a paper with scriptures and what they mean.

 

Open when you need to feel my love:
 This is Open when you need to feel my love. It includes one letter, lyrics to our song (Forever and Always by Parachute), 3 quotes, A coloring sheet that says "I love everything about you", A magnet "For my soul mate" that I got at Cracker Barrel for about 6 bucks, heart shaped confetti and a picture of us.




Open when you are happy:

This includes one letter, a picture, happy lyrics that I just printed off of the internet, five simple ways for happiness, and 12 things happy people do differently which I added in from other blogs and just searched for them on the internet and found them.

Open when distance seems like too much:
This includes one letter, a picture, 4 quotes, and a magnet that says "friends forever" I found this at Cracker Barrel for about 6 dollars, and once I find out when my boyfriend is going I am going to include a map that connects where he goes and where I am and write on it this "distance means nothing when someone means everything (which I have just seen on pinterest. What a great invention right!!! I love it!!!)




Open when you need a reminder of why I love you:
This includes a letter, picture, 3 quotes, a "once in a lifetime" magnet (that I got at Cracker Barrel ), and a coloring page that says " I love everything about you"
                                     The Fault in Our Stars quote !!! Hey it is real big right now okay?





Open when you have your 1st investigator baptism:
This has a congratulations letter for both my boyfriend and the person who agrees to be baptized, a necklace that my boyfriend can give to the investigator if they are a girl and I am hoping to get a tie for a male investigator that agrees to be baptized.
Open when you get your endowments:

This just includes a letter


Open on your farewell day:

This includes a letter and a quote.
Open when you get set apart:

This just includes a letter.

Open when you are in the mtc:
This includes one letter, a picture, 4 quotes, and the "ABC's of missionary work" which my mom either found on pinterest or just searching the internet.






Open on your first day out in the field:
This just includes a letter, but I may swipe a picture and put it in there even tho I didn't have it in this picture.

Open when you have your first transfer:

This just includes a letter on some cute paper I had laying around. I may put in a picture

Open when you have been out six months:
This includes a letter. I will probably add a picture to these just so they aren't just a letter.

Open when you have been out one year:
This contains a letter on some cute paper. I may add a picture.

Open when you have been out 18 months: This will be crazy, because this is going to be how long I am going to be out...

This includes a picture and one letter.

Open when you are having a bad day:
This includes one letter, 3 funny quotes, some extra pez candy that he can put into his pez, and a awesome book by John Bytheway that is called How To Be Totally Miserable.






Open when you need a laugh:
This includes a letter, 5 funny pictures and I may even add a picture that we both think is funny of us.


Open when you are feeling down:

This includes a letter, Smiley face stickers, and a plaque that says " I love you more" that my mom bought from Gordmans for about 4 dollars.

Open when you are looking to the future:
This includes a letter, 5 quotes to stay in the moment, and some pictures of us.





Open when you need encouragement:
This includes One letter, 3 quotes, a pep talk, a magnet that is a hug of encouragement that I got from Cracker Barrel for about 6 bucks, and some gum to go with the quote below.





Open when you are missing me:
This includes a letter, pictures of me, 1"kiss" and a strip of paper that was sprayed with some of my favorite perfume.

Open when you cant sleep:
This includes a letter, a picture, 2 picture quotes, and a picture of sheep.

This says optical illusion if you look real close you'll realize its just Miley Cyrus without any make up on.      
Haha I told my boyfriend that he could count these sheep to try and fall asleep. I guess I will have to ask if he actually does that. haha.

Open when you are sick or hurt:
This just includes a card that I had sitting around my house.

Open when you are bored!:
This has a letter, 2 mad libs, stickers, a maze, 2 coloring sheets, and a word search about a mission which I just found a website that will let you make your own word search and did that.

I printed this picture for him to color because this is my favorite movie, so secretly I am adding things that he knows about me.






Open when you are stressed:
This includes a letter and a awesome quote by President Ucthdorf I probably didn't spell that right...

Open when you are nervous:
This includes a letter and two quotes.


Open when you feel apart:
This includes a letter, a heart that says I love you, Sweet talk, and a picture of me.
Open when you need motivation:
This includes a Letter and a magnet that is for someone special.

Open when an investigator backs out: This has a letter, and two quotes.


Open when you and your companion are having a bad day:
This includes a letter and one quote.


Open when your companion is having a bad day:
This includes a letter for both him and his companion, one quote and some pez'

Open when you need a hug:
This includes a letter, a picture, and XOXO paper.

Open when you have been turned down all day:
This includes a letter and one quote

Open When you need a smile:
This includes a letter, happy lyrics, smiley face stickers, 4 quotes/ funny comics



Open when you need a kiss:
This includes a letter, "kisses", and a picture

Open when you feel unprepared:
This includes a letter, and two quotes, I may add a picture.
 Open when you feel homesick:
 This includes a letter, a book mark quote, and one other quote.
Open when you want to hear from me:
This includes a letter and one quote. 
Open when you don't know what to write about:
This includes a letter, "just saying" paper that he can fill out, and a "how I feel" paper that I am going to have him send back to me.

Open when you switch companions:
This includes a letter and one quote.
Open when you get annoyed with your companion:
This includes a letter, roommate citation, and a talk

Open just for fun:
This includes a letter, picture, crayons, a coloring page, and a minion picture. Minions are our favorite.  


Open when you need a lift:
This includes a letter, a smiley face balloon, and a quote.

Open when you are dealing with depression:
This includes a letter, President Uchtdorf's talk on the infinite atonement.

Open when you are angry:
This includes a letter, and 3 quotes


Open when your ready to give up:
This includes a letter, positive thoughts prompts paper, 5 quotes, and the lyrics to "I wont give up"








Open when you need a reminder of why I am waiting:
This includes a letter, 3 quotes and a picture



Open when you need a reminder that you are ready:
This includes a letter, and 4 quotes



Open when you are almost done with your mission:
This includes a letter, star confetti, 3 quotes, and a high five paper.



Open when you come home:
This includes a letter and a quote
This one depends on where he goes but it is Open when you are struggling with the language:
This includes a letter and a quote.
In the box I just included some random things such as this coloring book, and some extra crayons
 I thought that it was cool to take pictures of the box and all the letters so that is what the next few pictures are.

 This is a list of all the letters I wrote so he doesnt have to search too hard to find them, and he knows all of the different types of letters I wrote him. I am so excited to hear about how he likes these letters and how they could have helped him on his journey in the mission field. (:




This is the rules. I really want to make sure that these letters don't distract him or make him homesick, so these are just somethings I decided that he has to do to make the letters the best experience they can be towards him.

Anyways, this is the only thing that I have done and finished for him. I cant wait to give it to him. But at the same time I am debating how I should give it to him. Whether I should send it to him, give it to him and have him put it in his suitcase, or just send them individually, but that takes away the fun, and point of the open when letters. So if anyone sees this post before I give this to him, please comment below on the best way you think to give it to him would be.
Cant wait to find out where he goes, Till then.
Forever and Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment